Job Description - Email resumes to HumanResources@amsvans.com.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM AT AMS Vans/VMI?
Your contributions will make a difference in the lives of the customers we serve. AMS Vans/VMI is one of the largest manufacturers of wheelchair vehicle conversions, and we takeAutomotive Mechanic
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM AT AMS Vans/VMI?
Your contributions will make a difference in the lives of the customers we serve. AMS Vans/VMI is one of the largest manufacturers of wheelchair vehicle conversions, and we take great pride in building leading-edge mobility products that meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have a critical role in this unifying cause, and AMS Vans/VMI offers a work environment that supports this mission while fostering your personal growth. We are committed to working with the best and brightest people!
AMS Vans/VMI offers:
- Excellent company-paid medical, dental and life insurance
- Company-matched 401k
- Advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee training & development opportunities
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee and family events
- Exceptional leadership team
THE AMS Vans/VMI WORK CULTURE
Our associates care—about our customers, their jobs, fellow workers and our business partners. We empower our associates to take ownership of their roles and of their jobs. This means we all actively take part in creating a safe work environment, demonstrating quality workmanship and delivering exceptional service. Our success is made possible because associates respect each other, treat every situation with integrity, drive results with passion and data-driven decisions, and we never forget the challenges faced by our customers.
Creating an optimal work culture is possible with an effective leadership team, made stronger by the associates it leads. Your ideas are encouraged, and out-of-the-box solutions are welcomed. If you enjoy working at an organization that values your contributions and celebrates your accomplishments, then you belong at AMS Vans/VMI.
SCHEDULE & PAY INFORMATION
- Non-Exempt Full-time, Mon- Fri: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Overtime: Overtime may be required based on business need
- Pay: Starting at $18.00/hour
The "B" Level Service Technician has the responsibility of understanding and completing routine repairs necessary for the repair of customer wheelchair accessible vehicles. This individual will perform general repairs and diagnosis with some assistance. These repairs include but are not limited to light engine work, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, electrical systems (starters and alternators), HVAC systems, steering & suspension systems.
- Perform routine service to vehicles (oil & filter changes, alignments, brakes, tires, etc.)
- Perform Mid-level diagnostics cross vehicle platform using tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Perform Mid-level repairs external engine components & accessory system of the vehicle.
- Perform Mid-level repairs to interior and electrical system of vehicle.
- Perform Drivability tests to vehicle and diagnostics and repairs as needed.
- Ability to rework exhaust systems including welding.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic engine and mechanical parts
- Ability to diagnose suspension/drivability issues
- Ability to use Hunter alignment machine
- Ability to use scan tool to diagnose DTC’s
- Ability to fabricate and repair exhaust systems
- Ability to read, learn and understand instructions, both written and verbal, in English
- Ability to read and understand work orders and schematics
- Auto Body Repair Experience – 4 years
- Must be available to work overtime and/or weekends based on business needs
- Must be detail-oriented and have great organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to change
- Honest, ethical and handles things in a professional manner
- Clean Driving record
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Clear Criminal Background
- Ability to Pass a Drug Screening
If you’re ready to join the team working to deliver the next generation of mobility solutions to help persons with disabilities, their family members, and caregivers move freely and responsibly, you’re ready to join AMS Vans. Email resumes to HumanResources@amsvans.com.