Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Colorado’s Wheelchair Accessible Destinations and Resources
Explore the accessible Rockies with an impressive collection of mountain destinations perfect for vacation getaways in every season.
If snowy, white mountain tops and vibrant urban landscapes are calling you for your next vacation, Colorado has a lot to offer with respect to accessibility and mobility freedom. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure or indoor excitement, this is one state that’s not to be missed.
Outdoor Wheelchair Accessible Destinations
Colorado’s impressive collection of outdoor wheelchair accessible destinations are perfect for exciting your senses and making memories that will last a lifetime. There are destinations to meet whatever type of traveler you might be — from the adventurous tot he laid back and everything in between.
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs. The Cog Railway is wheelchair accessible, but they do ask you call ahead of time so they can make appropriate arrangements. Other handicap accessible attractions include May Natural History Museum, Echo Canyon River Expeditions, Miramont Castle, Flying W Ranch, Pikes Peak Cog Railway House, Garden of Gods Trading Post and Visitor & Nature Center, Ghost Town Museum, Historic Old Colorado City, Historic Manitou Springs, Iron Springs Melodrama Dinner Theater, Western Museum of Mining & Industry, and Seven Falls.
Botanic Gardens, Denver. This garden highlights moss campion, fairy primrose, purple fringe, chiming bells, and the contrast between Rocky Mountain vistas and peaks. Most of the gardens are wheelchair accessible, along with facilities, restrooms, and classrooms. Indoor and outdoor gardens and facilities, including restrooms and classrooms, are wheelchair accessible. It's best to check with the staff in the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center for accessible routes.
Annual Flower Trial Garden, Fort Collins. Regardless of the trials, the Annual Flower Trial Garden is a lovely place to get your fill of Mother Nature's splendor. The garden is open from May to October and is wheelchair accessible. Who wouldn't want to visit a state that has 300 days of sunshine year 'round and has great wheelchair accessible attractions?! Start packing your bags and head out to the great state of Colorado for a tremendous time.
Indoor Wheelchair Accessible Destinations
Not everything exciting in Colorado happens outdoors. In fact, this great state has some of the most enticing indoor wheelchair accessible destinations to be found in the midwest United States. If you’re an indoor type of person, here are just a few of the activities waiting for you.
U.S. Mint, Denver. Have you ever wondered where the fruits of your labor come from? Tour the U.S. Mint and see where and how our money is produced — or, at least our coins. Each coin has been thoughtfully rendered with stories of our nation, carefully told with numismatic art. Discover how the manufacturing and distribution of treasured metal, collectible coins, and national medals take place. The Mint is wheelchair accessible.
Aurora Fox Theater, Aurora. An eclectic selection of cutting-edge performances await your arrival. The smaller, more intimate environment will make you feel as though you are part of the performance. Some locals have even described the Aurora Fox Theater As ‘the best-kept secret in Aurora’. Prepare to have a blast and be flabbergasted by the imagination, creativity, and actors that bring these plays to life. The orchestra level is completely wheelchair accessible. The staff encourages visitors with special needs to contact the Audience Services Coordinator.
Wheeler Opera House, Aspen. The Wheeler has been around for more than 120 years. Be entertained in this historic landmark. If you aren't amused by the performances found here, you'll definitely be impressed by the magnificent architecture. The Wheeler's orchestra level is wheelchair accessible. For further questions, you can contact the Audience Services Coordinator.
Colorado Wheelchair Accessible Resources
Utilize the state of Colorado’s vast collection of online and on-site wheelchair accessible resources that can help you with accommodation and assistance, as needed. Most all attractions are Internet-accessible — or, simply a phone call away for the support you might need.
Accessible Colorado Travel. Located at https://www.colorado.com/articles/accessible-colorado-travel and published by Come to Life Colorado, discover many of Colorado's most popular outdoor attractions accessible to those who are mobility impaired with resources to help you start planning a Colorado vacation.
Colorado Springs Handicap Accessible Attractions. Discover an endless selection of handicap accessible attractions in Colorado Springs, published by Visit Colorado Springs and located at https://www.visitcos.com/travel-tools/handicap-accessible/.
13 Awesome Outdoorsy Wheelchair Accessible Experiences in Colorado. Out There Colorado has published a useful list of great outdoorsy Colorado attractions that go above and beyond to cater to the ADA community, located at https://www.outtherecolorado.com/13-awesome-outdoorsy-wheelchair-accessible-experiences-colorado/.
For more information on the ‘AMS Vans Advantage’ in Colorado, contact one of our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility specialists — either by phone at 800-391-1518 or using our convenient web form — and, we'll be happy to answer all of your questions.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.