Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Hit the Road with Four-Wheeled Handicap Mobility
Every wheelchair user knows there's handicap mobility—and then, there's HANDICAP MOBILITY. Your wheelchair only gets you so far. A new or used wheelchair accessible van gets you much farther. Whether you're the driver or the passenger-in-chief, a handicap van has the power to take you everywhere you want to go conveniently and comfortably. Let's take a look at a few of the amazing wheelchair accessible locations around the nation!
While Disney World and Disneyland are famous for accommodating guests with special needs, there’s an amusement park in Texas that was specifically designed for guests with special needs. Morgan's Wonderland in San Antonio, TX, is an ultra-accessible park for kids and adults alike, and the prices are incredibly reasonable. For the price of one adult ticket for one day at one theme park of Disney World, two adults and six kids can spend a day at Morgan's Wonderland, where you'll see dozens of handicap accessible vans in the parking lot every morning 'til night!
Voted the most family-friendly theme park in America for a number of years, Holiday World in rural Indiana features a water park, a special area for little ones, and lots of cool, holiday-themed rides like “HallowSwings”, “Reindeer Games”, and a “Star Spangled Carousel”.
Kings Island Amusement Park in Cincinnati, OH often wins awards as the best theme park children’s area in the nation. Open during summer and part of autumn, Kings Island has designed special attraction entry procedures to help guests with disabilities enjoy the park safely.
Besides the fact that many of our national parks are handicap accessible to some extent, people with disabilities are eligible for a free, lifetime Access Pass to all national parks across America. If your vacation plans include a visit to a national park, be sure to apply for the pass a few months before.
Spectacular Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes Park, CO has accessible trails, boardwalks, campsites, and public buildings. Before you go, check the park's web site to find out which trails, boardwalks, and campgrounds are accessible. Reservations are typically required at campgrounds, so be sure to plan ahead.
Florida's Everglades National Park is the largest subtropical wilderness in the US and an International Biosphere Reserve. Enjoy accessible backcountry camping, naturalist-guided boat and tram tours, and some of the most amazing wildlife you've ever seen!
An Internet search will quickly identify beaches near and far with accessible pathways, boardwalks and trails. Wheelchair users and slow walkers can access them independently, and they don't require special adaptive beach equipment. More beaches than ever have beach wheelchairs for rent. Beach wheelchairs have wide plastic tires that easily navigate the sand, and you can just roll out into the sea. Cool, wet fun!
Avalon Beach and Stone Harbor Beach, both in New Jersey, have accessible boardwalks, and you can also rent beach wheelchairs. In 2007, the town of Avalon was listed in Forbes magazine's "Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes" in the United States, and Stone Harbor is a picturesque beach town with plenty to see and do.
Do you prefer winter sports or summer sports? Either way, get your go-for-it groove on at The National Sports Center for the Disabled in Winter Park, CO, where more than 3,000 children and adults play to win every year. Learn to kayak, canoe, climb rocks, fish, snowboard, snow ski, and the ever-popular more!
Hop in a handicap accessible van conversion and head to Grand Rapids, MI, where the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park blends natural beauty and sculpture with glorious results! The park is fully accessible and waiting to satisfy all your senses sublimely. There's a Children's Garden with a Kid-Sense Garden, a tree-house play area and a water play area. Plan to spend the day.
Need a little more excitement? You'll ♥ New York—and the world-famous Metropolitan Museum of Art. Enter on fabulous Fifth Avenue, and breathe in the creativity! The collections, buildings, programs, and services are accessible to all audiences, with special programs for visitors with disabilities. After spending hours in the museum, hit the streets of NYC for a world of exemplary food and shopping.
If you've never been to a “living history museum”, let Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia be your first—and take advantage of a 50% discount on tickets for guests with disabilities. Travel back to the 18th century for an up-close-and-personal look at how the first Americans lived. But be prepared for a few inaccessible buildings. They didn’t have the ADA back then, but they have interpreters now who will be happy to come outside the homes, buildings, and shops to enlighten you.
No matter where you go, remember that getting there is half the fun. That's where handicap mobility comes in, well, handy! Wheelchair accessible vans get you there in comfort, safety and style.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.