Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Kansas Wheelchair Accessible Destinations and Resources
For a true taste of middle American hospitality, Kansas wheelchair accessible destinations and resources offer a unique mix of history and entertainment
If you’re looking for a true taste of American history, Kansas is a rich environment for vacationers and travelers alike. The variety of Kansas wheelchair accessible resources and destinations in the ‘Sunflower State’ include outdoor and indoor experiences for a variety of tastes. State fairs, zoos, and museums are like none you’ll find anywhere else in the country.
Outdoor Wheelchair Accessible Destinations
Kansas outdoor wheelchair accessible destinations draw vacationers and travelers who appreciate the combination of thriving wildlife and picturesque landscapes of this unique state. Plus, the state works hard to make all of its destinations adapted for all visitors.
Gage Park, Topeka. One hundred and sixty acres of enchanting beauty take your breath away in Topeka! The fragrant Rose Garden in Gage Park features 400 varieties of roses, with water features and more than 6,500 plants playing a delightfully supportive role. Climb aboard the mile-long ride on the ADA-accessible mini train and learn about the history of this park that was established in 1899. Gage Park is also the site of the wheelchair accessible Topeka Civic Theater and Academy, where you can take in a Shakespearean play or a musical like "Young Frankenstein" and "Mary Poppins." The park, made famous in a 1997 Stephen King novel, is picnic-friendly and perfect for a low-key day.
Kansas Speedway, Kansas City. Satisfy your need for speed at the Kansas Speedway, which actually has ADA-specific parking areas where golf carts will pick you up and bring you back to your vehicle equipped for wheelchair access or standard car. (You will need an ADA license plate or sticker and ID.) Bask in accessible seating areas with awesome views of the six-turn, 2.37-mile course that curves through the infield.
Sedgewick County Zoo, Wichita. Have you ever seen an African painted dog, Malayan tapirs, or Peruvian thick-knee birds? Those are just three of the more than 3,000 animals in this nationally ranked zoo, where some species you've never even heard of help educate and inspire us to take a closer look at the world around us and take better care. There's wheelchair access, so bring the family to explore ten wondrous exhibits that take you to all four corners of our living planet.
Indoor Wheelchair Accessible Destinations
Those vacationers and travelers who visit Kansas indoor wheelchair accessible destinations offers a mix of arts, shopping, and entertainment not to be missed. Most of these experiences are adapted to visitors with a variety of abilities.
Mosley Street Melodrama, Wichita. Let your star shine at Mosley Street Melodrama, a dynamic, audience-participation dinner theater where your evening begins with a home-style, yummy, all-you-can-eat buffet, drinks from the fully stocked bar, and some complimentary popcorn to prepare you for show time. The original musical comedy performances will have you laughing and singing until the curtain comes down. Nothing fancy here, though — just great fun. It's Wichita's only audience-participation dinner theater, and it's wheelchair accessible. Fame is waiting in the wings.
The Old Cowtown Museum, Wichita. Ready for some authentic western entertainment? If you've never been to a living history museum, this is an amazing place to start the tradition. Life as it was in the 1870's surrounds you, with all the trappings of a Midwestern cattle town. To make it even more interesting, the town reflects the clash of Victorian ideals that hoped to bring some refinement to what was a dusty, cattle-driving community.
Oz Museum, Wamego. A vacation in Kansas wouldn't be complete without a stop to see the Wizard! This Oz Museum houses one of the largest collections of memorabilia surrounding the childhood classic The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, written by L. Frank Baum, published in 1900, and adapted for the iconic film The Wizard of Oz starring Judy Garland in 1939. The exhibits and memorabilia span more than 100 years of the book's success. You'll discover earlier movies based on the book, board games inspired by the book and movie, life-size wax figures of the beloved characters, a pair of ruby slippers, and wheelchair access on your journey over the rainbow.
Kansas Wheelchair Accessible Resources
Any visit to this adventurous state should begin with accessing Kansas wheelchair accessible resources online. Published by both public and private entities, this collection of resources can help you to plan assistance for your visit.
VisitKC Travelers with Disabilities. Published by Visit KC and found at https://www.visitkc.com/meetings/resources/travelers-disabilities#sm.0001u48cny11rvevawo35pufe0wek, this resource offers a wealth of phone numbers and links for visitors and travelers.
KCMO Accessibility and Disability Resources. Published by the city of Kansas City and found at http://kcmo.gov/accessibility-resources/, find links and phone numbers for a variety of destinations in the state.
Kansas City Convention Center Accessibility. Found at https://kcconvention.com/accessibility/, this is the primary guide for the Kansas City Convention Center and all of the events that it showcases.
For more information on the ‘AMS Vans Advantage’ in Kansas, contact one of our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility specialists — either by phone at 800-391-1518 or using our convenient web form — and, we'll be happy to answer all of your questions.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.