Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Michigan Welcomes Wheelchaired Travelers to its Pleasant Peninsulas
Don't worry! You aren't likely to run into any wolverines in the "Wolverine State," but you are likely to find exciting wheelchair accessible attractions, and you shouldn't "weasel out" of going to any of them!
Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit
The Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) showcases human creativity starting from prehistory through the 21st century. The museum covers 658,000 square feet that includes more than 100 galleries, a 1,150 seat auditorium, a 380-seat lecture/recital hall, an art reference library, and a state-of-the-art conservation services laboratory.
ADA parking is available for handicap vans in the Cultural Center Lot, on Farnsworth and Kirby Street.
The Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn
Come explore past and present inventions! The Henry Ford Museum brings American ideas and innovations to life. The museum is based on automobile industrialist Henry Ford's desire to preserve historical items that portray the Industrial Revolution. You'll see famous houses, machinery, exhibits, and other rare items like John F. Kennedy's presidential limousine.
The Museum is wheelchair-accessible; however, due to the historic nature of the museum, wheelchairs cannot enter all buildings. There are both wheelchair and electric scooters available for rental on a first come, first served basis.
Air Zoo, Kalamazoo
Voted the "Best Place to Take Out-of-Towners" and "Best Place to Spend a Day with Your Family" three years in a row! The Air Zoo is an aviation museum and an indoor amusement park featuring rides like the Full-Motion Flight Simulators, RealD 3D/4D Missions Theater, as well as more than 50 rare and historic aircraft, exhibits, and educational activities.
The Air Zoo is wheelchair accessible. There are wheelchairs kept onsite for anyone who may need one. The Main Campus building has a circle drive available for easy drop-off and pick-up.
Choose from more than 100 wineries across 15,000 acres of vineyards in Michigan. You'll experience delicious wine tastings and cuisines made with local ingredients. Look at the vineyards here to select the wineries you'd like to visit.
Each facility is different, so accessibility may vary. It's best to contact the vineyards you are interested in visiting beforehand to inquire about accessibility.
Binder Park Zoo, Battle Creek
Explore Binder Park Zoo's 32 rare and exotic animal exhibits and 19 domestic animal exhibits! The 433 acres of natural forests and wetlands provide homes for more than 600 specimens and more than 140 species, which include one of the largest giraffe herds in the country. You can feed the giraffes, browse the Safari Gift Shop, and dine at the Beulah's Restaurant or Kalahari Kitchen.
Wheelchairs are available to rent at the zoo's entrance. Any wheelchair or scooter wider than 29 1/2 inches will not be able to board the trams to Africa, the carousel, or the ZO&O Railroad. Ramps for all rides have a 600 lb. maximum capacity.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, Grand Rapids
You can spend hours at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park exploring indoor gardens like the tropical conservatory, Victorian, carnivorous, and arid gardens. There are also outdoor areas like the Children's Garden, Michigan's Farm Garden, seasonal garden, and the world-class Sculpture Park, not to mention many nature trails and a boardwalk.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is fully accessible to all. The grounds and buildings accommodate wheelchairs and the outdoor areas have fully paved walkways, ramps, and trails that allow easy access. There are wheelchairs available on site.
Impression 5, Lansing
Bring the whole family and enjoy interactive activities that challenge your understanding of science. You'll play and create together through hands-on exhibits and educational programs. There are more than 150 activities in the 25,000 square foot building to explore!
Many activities are wheelchair accessible; however there are some that are not.
Crossroads Village, Flint
Get a feel for life in the 1800s at the Crossroads Village, showing more than 34 historic structures. Come aboard the Huckleberry Railroad and enjoy a scenic 40-minute ride, take an excursion on the Genessee Belle paddlewheel riverboat around Mott Lake, see a show at the Colwell Opera House, or learn something new from one of the craftspeople. Take a trip back in history and experience an unique time!
The Huckleberry Railroad and Genesee Belle Paddlewheel Riverboat are handicap accessible.
Confections with Convictions, Kalamazoo
For all the chocolate lovers out there--Confections with Convictions is the place to satisfy your sweet tooth. The shop specializes in organic, hand-crafted truffles. You can also find organic gourmet chocolates from all over the world. The chocolates are made exclusively from organic and fair trade chocolate, which enables farmers and farm workers to keep their businesses running.
Confections with Convictions is wheelchair accessible with a ramp.
Step On Bus Tours, Ferndale
Take a themed tour around Michigan like a Treasure Hunting, Antiques, and Garden Tour, or a Chocolate, Cheese, and Churches tour. You can even ask about your group's interest and Step On Bus Tours will create a unique tour just for you! An experienced guide will take you through your specific tour in an informative and entertaining manner. Visit their website here to view scheduled tours.
Step On Bus Tours are wheelchair accessible.
Though the weather might be unpredictable in Michigan, one thing's for sure--we can predict you'll have a blast at the state's many wheelchair accessible attractions.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.