Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Oklahoma! Explore Its Accessible Vacations
Grab your cowboy hat and cowboy boots and get ready to enjoy the Wild West! Giddy on up to Oklahoma and prepare to have a great time exploring all the wheelchair accessible attractions!
National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage, Oklahoma City
Have you ever wanted to get an accurate picture of what the Wild West's cowboys were really like? The National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage showcases Western history, art, and culture through collections and exhibits collected from as far back as 1955! You can expect to see an enormous assembly of fire arms, an exhibit which honors western performers from literature and film, an American Cowboy Gallery, American Rodeo Gallery, and many more Western-inspired galleries. Grab a bite to eat, and hit the museum store to bring home cowboy merchandise!
The museum is completely wheelchair accessible and provides complimentary wheelchairs.
Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa
The 23-acre museum was completed in 1927 and was originally designed as an Italian Renaissance villa for American oil magnate Waite Phillips. In 1938 Phillips gave the 72-room mansion as an unexpected gift to the city of Tulsa for an art center. Now it is recognized as one of America's finest art museums. The beautiful art pieces are right at home in this magnificent architectural wonder. Not only are there stunning art pieces and architecture, BUT there's also a breathtaking garden!
Collections include African art, American art, antiquities, Asian art, decorative arts, European art, modern and contemporary art, Native American Art, works on paper, and so many more mind-boggling art pieces. Visit the Philbrook Museum of Art's website to see which exhibits are being featured during your time of visit.
There is ADA access to the museum and grounds. Free wheelchairs are available upon request. Wheelchair accessible parking can be found on the upper level of the parking deck.
Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, Oklahoma City
Take a self-guided tour through the Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum and discover the history behind Timothy James "Tim" McVeigh's bombing of Oklahoma City's Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Learn about the tragic domestic terrorist attack that took place April 19, 1995.
The story is told through different chapters within the exhibit. The chapters cover the background of terrorism, the history of the site, the investigation story, and many more areas of the attack--eventually ending with a chapter of hope. You can also view the remarkable outdoor symbolic memorial.
The Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum are both wheelchair accessible. The outdoor memorial has accessible trails and restrooms. The easiest access points are off Harvey Street, on the west side of the Memorial. ADA parking for handicap vans can be found off of Sixth Street near Harvey at the NW corner of the Memorial.
Pollard Theatre, Guthrie
The Pollard Theatre brings creative story-telling to life! Built in 1901, the space didn't transition into a theater until 1987. The theatre still has a historic feel to it with a quaint and intimate environment. You'll think you've traveled back in time as you watch extraordinary theatrical productions!
Entertainment Weekly describes one of Pollard Theatre's plays: "Avenue Q is the best show of the year! Just when you're wheezing with laughter from the hummable, hilarious tunes, you're blindsided by a beautifully sincere love song. There's no handy way to describe Avenue Q, except as one of the funniest shows you're ever likely to see."
Be sure to visit the theatre's website to see which play will be showing during your visit. You should be aware that some plays are for mature audiences. The website states the type of audience for which the play is appropriate.
Renovations made in 1986 have ensured wheelchair accessibility.
The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden, Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma City Zoo is 119 acres full of unique wildlife and plants for the whole family to enjoy! It's also one of seven zoos that is accredited as being a living museum and botanical garden by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The zoo is home to 1,900 exotic animals, which includes 54 endangered or threatened species. In addition to the magnificent animals, the zoo has the largest outdoor Butterfly Garden in Oklahoma, and more than 30,000 flower specimens!
There are wheelchairs available for a small fee.
Oklahoma Wondertorium, Stillwater
The museum is geared towards children and is full of fun interactive exhibits for kids to learn and have a good time! There's an artist pad for miniature Picassos, kids can make their own forts with big blue blocks, A-mazing Airways fill up an entire wall with transparent tubes that carry scarves and balls in entertaining routes, and there are many more exciting exhibits to explore!
The Wondertorium is wheelchair accessible.
Museum of Osteology, Oklahoma City
What started as seven-year-old Jay Villemarette's hobby turned into the largest privately held collections of osteological specimens in the world! View hundreds of displays of skulls and skeletons from all over the planet! The Museum of Osteology is the only one of its kind in the United States!
The Museum of Osteology was designed with education in mind. Challenge your osteology knowledge and try to match skulls to the right animals at Mystery Skulls! Learn about how animals adapt to survive in different habitats and observe the pathology of a skull--and what may have caused the animal's death. Other exhibits include Monkey and Apes, Reptiles and Amphibians, Marsupials, Carnivore, Aves, Flightless Birds, and, of course, species solely collected in Oklahoma state! Come learn a thing or two!
The facility is completely wheelchair accessible with a lift to the second floor.
Bluebell Ice Creamery, Tulsa
Ice cream is, by far, one of the most popular treats in the US. Have you ever wondered how the tasty treat is made? There's no need for further questioning! Visit the Bluebell Ice Cream production facility to learn all about ice cream's history, how it's developed, and, the best part is saved for last--free ice cream! What could be better than that?!
Don't forget, ice cream is called ICE cream for a reason. The building will be cold, so dress appropriately! The
tour is wheelchair accessible.
Myriad Botanical Gardens, Oklahoma City
Need a break from all the hustle and bustle of the city? An unexpected miniature oasis is tucked away in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City at the Myriad Botanical Gardens. The 17-acre garden includes a children's garden, an off-leash dog park, restaurant space, fountains, and paved pathways. If you're looking for a place to relax, or just want to take a look at a gorgeous array of plant life--the Myriad Botanical Gardens is the place for you!
The garden is fully equipped for wheelchair travelers!
National Weather Center, Norman
Have you ever dreamed of being a weather broadcaster, or maybe you're just curious about how the weather is predicted? Whether you answered yes or no to either question, you're sure to be impressed with the tour of the National Weather Center (NWC). During the tour you'll visit the Oklahoma University's School of Meteorology, the NWC Roof Top Observatory, classroom and laboratory facilities, as well as NOAA's Storm Prediction Center, the Norman National Weather Service Forecast Office, and the National Severe Storms Laboratory! Maybe you'll be able to predict the weather when it's all said and done!
PLEASE NOTE: The NWC requires that all visitors make reservations to tour the facility. The staff suggests booking your tour a few weeks in advance to ensure availability. Tours are wheelchair accessible, but please be sure to inform the staff member of any special needs prior to your visit.
With a plentiful selection of wheelchair accessible attractions, you're sure to have more than just an "OK" time in Oklahoma.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 206998
- Mileage: 118,200 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Leather, Heated Seats, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Pass. Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.