Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Massachusetts Top Ten Wheelchair Accessible Attractions
One of the original 13 colonies, Massachusetts has been a hotbed of American history. Besides its storied past, Massachusetts has a little bit of everything to offer, from the beaches of Cape Cod to the western Berkshire Mountains. And of course, many exhilarating wheelchair accessible attractions!
Boston Duck Tours, Boston
Board the WWII-style amphibious landing vehicle, the "DUCK", for a once-in-a-lifetime tour of Boston! Your tour guide, referred to as a ConDUCKtor, will narrate your tour and inform you of unique and fun facts about famous landmarks. You'll cruise through sites like the golden-domed State House to Bunker Hill, TD Banknorth Garden, Copley Square, fashionable Newbury Street, Quincy Market, the Prudential Tower, and many other interesting locales! The DUCK will then convert from a street vehicle into a water vehicle to ease into the Charles River, where you'll see breathtaking views of Boston and Cambridge skylines!
Each DUCK is equipped for as many as two wheelchairs strapped onto the back deck. Wheelchairs, along with one guest in your party, are boarded first. You also have the option to transfer from your wheelchair to one of the seats on the DUCK. Just make sure to inform a guest service representative that you will need these services while purchasing tickets.
Worcester Art Museum, Worcester
You'll be shocked and awed by the exquisite collection of fine art housed in the Worcester Art Museum. On display are artworks from ancient Asian and Greco-Roman eras, to some of the most well-known masters like El Greco, Gauguin, Monet, and Whistler. If you work up an appetite, you can grab a bite to eat at the Museum Cafe and dine inside or in the delightful outdoor courtyard.
For barrier-free access to the Worcester Art Museum, park in the Tuckerman Street lot and enter at the Stoddard Garden Court--you'll then follow the pathway to the outdoor café and enter the Museum via the ramp on the right. There are also wheelchairs available for rent.
The Butterfly Place, Westford
Go to the Butterfly Place to see magnificent New England and tropical butterflies from all over the world! You'll also see koi fish, quail, and other interesting creatures. Watch a video that explains the butterfly life cycle and explore exhibits where you can view eggs, caterpillars, cocoons, and chrysalides. You can even pick up a Butterfly Hatching Kit so you can release your own butterfly or moth at home!
All areas of the Butterfly Place are handicap accessible, and accessible parking is available for wheelchair vehicles.
CAPEable Adventures, Sanwich
CAPEable was designed for those with disabilities and offers sports rehabilitation programs. Activities include water sports, cycling, skiing, curling, fitness, and special sports events. Enhance your adventure to the Cape with access to adaptive equipment and trainers who will teach you how to work the devices. The entire family can enjoy outdoor activities together and soak up the natural beauty of Massachusetts!
Visit CAPEable's website for more information.
Harvard Yard Tour, Cambridge
The tour is student-led and takes place outside and through the magnificent Harvard Yard. You'll learn the history of the prestigious university, general information, and about your guide's individual experience at the school. The tour lasts about 1 hour and is free!
If your group consists of more than 15 people, a reservation is required. The tour is wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available with a week's notice.
Ironstone Farm, Andover
Experience a unique therapeutic activity at Ironstone Farm. The farm uses horses to enhance your movement, inspire strength, hope, courage, and, of course, assure you have a fantastic time! There are more than 20 licensed instructors and therapists employed at the farm and 35 program horses. Not only will you get to enjoy the horses, you'll also have exquisite views of pastures, woodland, and ponds spanning over 14 acres.
The Ironstone Farm serves more than 480 individuals weekly and offers programs for many different disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, spinal bifida, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and many more. Visit their website for more information.
Dr. Seuss National Memorial, Springfield
Visit Springfield, Massachusetts, Theodor Seuss Geisel's birthplace, to explore the Dr. Suess National Memorial Sculpture Garden. Dr. Seuss's step-daughter created the sculptures of his most beloved characters. You'll see a sculpture of Dr. Suess at his drawing board with the Cat in the Hat at his side, a 14-foot Horton the Elephant stepping out of a book with Thing One, Thing Two, Sam-I-Am, The Lorax, and lots of other creative creatures! Don't pass up the chance to hang out with some of Dr. Seuss's most adorable characters!
The memorial is wheelchair accessible with concrete paths.
Witch Walk, Salem
If you find the mystery of witchery alluring, you'll love the Witch Walk. The tour is led by real Salem witches who'll inform you of the truth behind their ancient practices, and all about the Witchcraft trials of 1692. You'll visit enchanted sites and partake in a ritual among America's oldest graveyards. Explore one of the country's most bewitching seaports and learn all there is to know about the somewhat misunderstood witches of today and the past! Afterwards, you'll receive a magic crystal blessed by a Salem Witch!
The tour is wheelchair accessible.
F1 Boston, Boston
Get ready to satisfy your need for speed at F1's ultimate indoor kart racing! F1 has two European-style tracks--the tracks feature different sharp turns, a corkscrew, tunnel, rolling hills, and off-camber corners! You'll race against other drivers and be scored by a computerized timing system, or you can race against yourself in a private session.
F1 has karts with full hand controls--you'll need to have full hand strength. There are different set-ups depending on the abilities and upper-body strength of the driver. You'll definitely want to call in advance so the kart can be prepared. They will allow you to go out on the track alone for the first time to make sure you are comfortable in the kart.
Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton
The 22-acre campus isn't just packed full of brilliant art and craft works--it's also surrounded by 700 acres of beautiful woodland and architectural landscape. You'll see contemporary craft-based art from a variety of mediums with interchanging exhibits. The award-winning facility features a sculpture garden, courtyards, and a nature trail.
The Fuller Craft Museum is wheelchair accessible.
When the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, they couldn't even imagine the wonderous place Massachusetts would become nor its revered place in American history. Today, the Bay State welcomes wanderers from around the world with open arms and wickedly awesome wheelchair accessible fun.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.