Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Illinois Wheelchair Accessible Destinations and Resources
Anchored by the majestic Chicago metropolis, Illinois wheelchair accessible destinations and resources make for an inviting adaptable vacation
Known as ‘the Corn State’ and the ‘Land of Lincoln’, the state of Illinois boasts the world’s first skyscraper and the first McDonald’s. However, this readily-adapted state also offers a long list of rich historic sites and entertainment options to rival any other state in the Union. Here are just a few of the indoor and outdoor opportunities.
Outdoor Wheelchair Accessible Destinations
For those lover’s of outdoor wheelchair accessible destinations, Illinois offers a variety of sports and sightseeing adventures that will impress even the most demanding traveler or vacationer. From zoos to playing fields, here are just a few of the exciting experiences that are waiting for you.
Sky Deck, Chicago. The Sky Deck is on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere at a whopping 1,450 feet or 110 stories tall. The Sky Deck offers breathtaking views that allow visitors to see more than 50 miles and four states. The Sky Deck is completely wheelchair accessible. There are ramps that make wheelchair access easy, and the elevator can accommodate a wheelchair or scooter with no problem.
Navy Pier, Chicago. The Navy Pier, located along Lake Michigan, is packed with more than 50 miles of things to do--from parks, promenades, and gardens, to shops, restaurants, and a few surprises. Wheelchairs are available at the Family Pavilion near the West entrance, and at the East End Security Post as well. All levels of the pier are accessible by elevators. The East and West garages have accessible parking, including wheelchair van parking. The Pier is just one of many locations in Illinois that makes the state a hot spot for wheelchair travel.
Chicago Zoological Society, Brookfield. Wild Encounters allows visitors to go behind the scenes of exhibits and help the keepers feed and take care of the animals. Motor Safari takes you around the zoo and has four different spots where you can get on and off. Wheelchairs are available for rent. However, quantities are limited and it's suggested to call in advance to reserve your equipment. To avoid any interruptions to your visit, ask a staff member for an "Access" sticker, which alerts the staff your mobility device is being used as an ADA personal mobility device.
Indoor Wheelchair Accessible Destinations
Kansas’ indoor wheelchair accessible destinations run the gamut from cultural showcase to artistic expression. Museums, theaters, and conservatories offer a variety of experiences for travelers and vacationers alike. Here are just a few of the opportunities you’ll find in this unique state.
Paramount Theatre, Aurora. The architecture alone is a reason to visit Paramount Theatre. The theatre opened in 1915 and was developed by the Aurora Theatre Company. The theme of the theatre was influenced by "Venice" and Art Deco designs of the 1920s and early 1930s. The Paramount Theatre is wheelchair accessible on the orchestra level. Each accessible seat is slightly elevated and can be easily removed. If you require the space for a wheelchair, an usher will remove the chair when you arrive. Restrooms are accessible on ground level or can be accessed by ramps.
Super Museum, Metropolis. Metropolis is home to Superman and the Super Museum! For comic-book fanatics, or simply superman fans, the Super Museum is the place to be. You'll see more than 20,000 items from the past 70 years — dating back to the first debut of the Man of Steel in 1938. Both the museum and the gift shop are wheelchair accessible.
The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago. Permanent collections and traveling exhibits are here to explore, offering a large diversity of cultures and artworks. Check out the current and upcoming traveling exhibits on the Art Institute of Chicago's website. The entire museum is wheelchair accessible. Keep in mind that the Michigan Avenue Entrance is wheelchair accessible, but no drop-offs are permitted. If you need/or would like to be dropped off, you must do so at the Modern Wing Entrance on Monroe Street.
Illinois Wheelchair Accessible Resources
Published by both organizations in the public and private sectors, the Internet offers Illinois wheelchair accessible resources to help you get the most of your visits. From guided assistance to mobility aids, you can request assistance with a few clicks of a mouse.
Chicago, Illinois Wheelchair Accessible Travel Guide. Found at https://wheelchairtravel.org/chicago/ and published by WheelchairTravel.org, the city's wheelchair accessibility score is calculated based upon a conservative assessment of five critical components of a city’s accessibility.
City of Chicago. Published by the Mayor's Office and found at https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/mopd.html, The Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) works to make Chicago the most accessible city in the nation on behalf of residents and visitors with disabilities.
Chicago Department of Aviation Accessibility Guide. Found at https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/ServicesAmenities/accessibility/Pages/default.aspx and published by the CDA. these resources assist travelers around Chicago's O'Hare Airport.
For more information on the ‘AMS Vans Advantage’ in Illinois, contact one of our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility specialists — either by phone at 800-391-1518 or using our convenient web form — and, we'll be happy to answer all of your questions.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.