Get know-how, advice, and live demos from your AMS Vans mobility experts. Use the button below to connect with our Mobility Product Manager, Mr. Dan Arbuckle and his team of mobility equipment experts.
Q'Straint QLK-150 Electronic Docking System
Electronic Docking System for Wheelchair VansModel: QLK-150 The Electronic Wheelchair Docking System secures a wheelchair inside an accessible vehicle, as an alternative to manual tie-down straps. Rather than manually securing the wheelchair to hooks in the floor of the vehicle, electronic docking systems utilize a single locking point on the floor of the van. The wheelchair is guided toward a receiver, which then electronically locks the wheelchair into place, monitoring the chair throughout transport. The receiver responds to a flexible remote that easily adheres to the dashboard, or by the single-button operation on the receiver itself. The Q'Straint QLK-150 Electronic Docking System for Wheelchair Vans not only saves time when entering or exiting a wheelchair van, but also offers additional peace of mind since the docking system continuously monitors the wheelchair to ensure security. Price does not include installation.
Features of the QLK-150 Electronic Wheelchair Docking System:
- 3 years with completed warranty
- Extensive crash testing–First and only system tested to higher WC/19 wheelchair loads; and also the only system tested from all sides
- Slim and Flexible Dash Control–Compact design has a larger touch area with embedded LED indicators showing system status
- Flush Surface–Eliminates snags while giving users 3/16” of additional bolt clearance
- Tapered Channel–Helps smoothly guide wheelchairs into place
- Reduced Footprint–Reduces castor interference with shortened design front to back while retaining original hole pattern
- SMART (ECM)–Newly designed Micro-processor controller
- Sleep Function–When user exits docking base, system draws 5 times less power from the battery
- Low Current Draw–Solenoid (an electronic conductor) release draws between 4.2 – 9.1 Amps versus 18 Amps from other models
- Reduced Electrical Components–New design only requires a single micro-switch and eliminates thermal switch
- Plug and Play Serviceability–Solenoid and limit switch feature quick connectors
- Screw Terminal Connectors–Connectors are easily removed for faster wire routing, and eliminates additional crimping and soldering
- Removable Cover–Faster servicing and maintenance
- Over-Torque Protection–Prevents “locking up” if internal hardware is over-torqued during routine maintenance
- Heat Treatment–All components except for base mounts are treated to increase strength and reduce entry channel warping and sharpening
- Eco-Friendly Steel Coating–High-grade steel features more eco-friendly coating to prevent corrosion and reduce the impact on the environment
- Lowest/Highest Clearance–Optional base mounts allow for the docking system to be mounted from 1.5” to 4” to fit with your wheelchair perfectly.
- Wheelchair Tie Downs - Mobility Equipment - Handicap Vehicles