Our knowledgeable, compassionate mobility consultants are ready to help you through your accessible vehicle purchase process with professional advice and expertise. Contact us today and experience the true mobility freedom you deserve.View Our Inventory Contact AMS Vans Sales Department
Mississippi's Top Accessible Travel Destinations
Along with its mysterious, mesmerizing swamp land, there are outstanding activities, including adaptive scuba diving, to enjoy in Mississippi. Check out all the wheelchair accessible attractions the state has to offer!
The Museum of Natural Science, Jackson
The Museum of Natural Science is located in LeFleur's Bluff State Park. The building covers a 73,000-square-foot complex that overlooks the magnificent 300-acre park, and highlights an accessible outdoor amphitheater. The museum's main focus is preserving, collecting, and studying Mississippi's natural wonders. Inside the museum you'll see exhibits that highlight Mississippi's diverse habitats, 200 living species housed in a large aquarium, and a 1,700-square-foot greenhouse known as "The Swamp."
The museum is fully wheelchair accessible, along with an accessible outside trail. There are two wheelchairs onsite available on a first come, first served basis.
Mississippi River Museum, Tunica River Park
The Mississippi River Museum is packed full with genuine artifacts and exhibits that showcase the history, nature, and culture of the river. During your visit you can explore trails of Spanish Conquistadors, view aquariums filled with lowland and aquatic life, check out exhibits that highlight the cotton industry, learn about the 2011 Mississippi River flood, and view lots of other unique collections!
The museum is broken up into three levels, and is completely wheelchair accessible with elevators.
Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, Gulfport
This is the perfect place to bring your kids! The Lynn Meadows Discovery Center has multiple interactive exhibits. The What It's Like To Be Me exhibit helps children understand and accept differences and disabilities among other children. The exhibit "Celebrate the World We Share" allows children to learn about different cultures and customs. The History Hotel lets you get a feel for what Mississippi City was like in the 1890s. All of the exhibits are focused on helping children learn while having fun!
The facility is equipped with a ramp and an elevator. The outdoor tree houses are also accessible via ramp.
Vicksburg National Military Park, Vicksburg
The Vicksburg National Military Park commemorates the turning point of the Civil War. President Davis wanted to keep the city for the Confederacy and President Lincoln wanted to take the river over to divide the South. You'll see historical information, an orientation film, and other Civil War exhibits at the visitor center. View items like sailors' personal possessions, cookware, medical supplies, weaponry and many other miscellaneous artifacts from the Civil War at the USS Cairo Museum and Gunboat.
There are 16 miles of paved roads you can tour with your wheelchair accessible vehicle! You can purchase an audio tour CD, rent a GPS Ranger device, or hire a battlefield guide to show you around. All visitor facilities are handicap accessible, and handicap parking spaces are available at Clay Street Visitor Center and the USS Cairo Exhibit.
Armed Forces Museum, Hattiesburg
The Armed Forces Museum serves as the military history museum for the state of Mississippi. You'll learn about the services and sacrifices made by the men and women who put their lives on the line to serve their country. There are more than 15,000 artifacts from the branches in the military. The fascinating exhibits tell stories of heroes and have continued to educate generations about the price paid for freedom.
The museum is wheelchair accessible and has wheelchairs available for rent.
Hattiesburg Zoo, Hattiesburg
Encounter more than 80 different species of animals at the Hattiesburg Zoo! Take in exhibits like the Chilean flamingo exhibit, Zebu exhibit, and play some drums inside the African region of the zoo. See magnificent citron-crested cockatoos, great horned owls, alligators, and other rare animals!
The Hattiesburg Zoo is wheelchair accessible and has wheelchair rentals.
Adventure Charters and Dive, Pascagoula
Have you ever wanted to try scuba diving? Adventure Charters and Dive has an adaptive scuba program that teaches you how to dive regardless of any disabilities. You'll train with an adaptive buddy who will assist you on your wild adventure! The company also specializes in Adaptive Charters--like dolphin and bird-watching tours, where you'll see beautiful views of the Mississippi Barrier Islands. You can even take a full-service fishing trip!
When you book any of the activities, be sure to tell them you'll need an adaptive adventure.
Visit Mississippi--birthplace of Elvis!--to enjoy the blues, catfish, and of course, wheelchair accessible attractions.
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Stock #: 581088
- Mileage: 46,448 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: 737931
- Mileage: 51,002 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Side Entry Bi-Fold Pwr
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, Leather, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, Remote Start, Driver Pwr. Seat Base, Kneeling, Lowered Floor
- Stock #: A26598
- Mileage: 17,772 Miles
- Ramp/Lift: Rear Entry Lift
- Features: Backup Camera, Bluetooth, 3YR/36K Conv Wrty, ADA Compliant
Exterior Appearance Inspection
- Panel alignment/fit
- Headlamp, taillamp/lens condition
- Windshield/glass condition
- Paint chips and scratches
- Body damage/dents/dings
- Trim and moldings
- In place and matching
- Inspect certification label (federal requirement)
- Check VIN label to paperwork
- Check for non-completed recalls
Exterior Lights Function Properly and Illuminate as Designed
- Headlights hi/low (including aim)
- Parking lights/fog lights
- License plate lights
- Side marker lights
- Tail lights / backup lights
- Turn signal and cornering lights
- Brake and high-mount stoplights
- Emergency Flashers
- Vehicle has 2 master key with remote entry (if applicable) and 2 valet key, flat key
- Programmed to immobilizer
Door Lock System
- Door opens/closes smoothly using interior and exterior door handles
- Doors cannot be opened when lock button is in lock position
- 2-turn unlock feature functions properly
- Remote entry system operates properly
- Theft-deterrent system functions properly
- Child safety locks
- Wireless door lock operation
Interior Appearance Inspection
- Seats: front/rear
- Steering wheel/airbags
- Armrests/door handles
- Lower door and sill plates
- Gearshift selection handle
- Radio/AC control markings
- Headliners/sun visors
- Extend/retract smoothly
- Free of twists, cuts or signs of wear
- Buckles lock securely
- Lumbar support operation
- Memory control operates properly*
- Headrest functions properly
- Heaters function properly*
- Seat cushion angle and height adjustment
- Seatback angle adjustment
Power Windows / Locks
- Function Properly
Trunk/Fuel Lid Release
- Functions Properly (interior)
- Contains portfolio, owner's manual, supplement
- Tilt/telescopic functionability
- Horn functions properly
- Steering wheel controls
- Steering wheel locks
- Warning chime (key in -- door open)
- Functions in hi/low/intermittent
- Wiper blades clean properly
- Rain sensing wipers*
Dashboard Lights Illuminate as Designed
- Turn signal: left/right
- High beam indicator
- Emergency flashers
- Instrument panel control knob
- Waring lights: oil pressure, brake, fuel, charge, seatbelt, open door, engine check, rear light failure, ABS, SRS
- Check operation of guages
- Functions properly
Air Conditioner / Heater
- Climate control system functions properly for both heating and cooling
- Dome/map/vanity mirror/courtesy lamps/foot function properly
- Power/volume switch functions properly
- Preset station indicator
- Cassette/CD function (scan, seek, rewind, fast forward) operates properly
- Navigation system operates properly*
- Speakers sound clear
- CD cartridge (if applicable)
- Tilt/slide operates properly
- Function properly
Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors
- Power controls function properly
- Spare tire size, sidewall condition, tread depth and air pressure
- Spare tire and attaching hardware, cover, jack, jack tools and wheel lock (if applicable) are present, properly installed and secure
- Manual fuel lid release operates
Under The Hood
Engine Hood Release
- Interior release operates properly
The Following Fluid Levels Meet Industry Standard
- Engine oil replaced and proper level
- Automatic transmission fluid level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level
- Engine coolant fluid level
- Washer fluid level
- Excessive fuel pump noise
- Cooling system (radiator, overflow tank, hoses, coolant level)
- Water pump (noise/leaks)
- Air filter (replace as necessary)
- Inspect oil for contaminants
- Engine noise (knocks, rattles)
- Transmission noise (whines, clunks)
- Belts (wear or damage)
- Check engine diagnostics
- No damage or leakage and proper group size/amp rating
- Tests to standards
- Function properly
Under the Vehicle
Tires (Minimum tread depth 5/32")
- FL: _______/32"
- RL: _______/32"
- FR: _______/32"
- RR: _______/32"
- Sidewall condition
- Proper size, type and match
- Tire pressure
- Check wheel lug-nut torque
Brake Inspection (Minimum 6mm of pad material required)
- FL: _______mm
- RL: _______mm
- FR: _______mm
- RR: _______mm
- Rotors show no signs of excessive wear, warpage or heat damage
- Calipers, lines, and hoses show no sign of excessive wear or leakage
- Parking brake assemblies, cables, and attaching hardware show no sign of excessive wear or damage
Chassis Inspection (No sign of damage or excessive wear)
- Frame rails and floor pan
- Engine mounts and oil pan for leaks
- Brake lines and couplings
- Transmission case/pan for leaks
- Drive shaft boots and CV joints
- Fuel lines, fuel tank, hoses and protectors
- Steering rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots
- Differential assembly, drive shaft and related components
- Exhaust system (including leakage)
- Transmission mounts
- Tie rods, ball joints, idler arm
- Catalytic converter
- Struts/shocks for operation/leaks
Under Vehicle Fluid Levels
- Differential lubricant level -- check for contaminants
Road Test (Vehicle Operation)
- Idles normally
- While driving, engine performs normally
- Starter system operates normally
- Shift Lock
- Brake and parking brake function normally
- Brake and clutch pedal height, free play and travel meet specs.
- No warning lights illuminate during road test
- T/M shifts properly (both power/normal mode)
- TRAC/VSC and ECT control functions and indicator lights function properly
- Steering operation is normal
- Off-center psecifications meet standards
- Handling, straight-line operations
- Functions properly
Noise or Vibration
- None present
Squeaks or Rattles
- None present
* -- If Applicable
AMS Vans promises to deliver the best wheelchair accessible van available on the market today..... simply put if you are not fully satisfied with your wheelchair accessible van upon delivery---you can refuse it at no cost to you.
With nearly two decades of experience; manufacturing, selling, and delivering over 12,000 vans nationwide, our dedicated team of certified technicians will not allow your van to leave our Atlanta facility until its right!
Please contact one of our experienced Mobility Specialists today and ask about our three step quality control process.
AMS Vans looks forward to serving your family by providing you with a van that is worthy of our own.
Contact AMS Vans
You have succesfully signed up for the AMS Vans Newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.